In recent years, decentralized cloud has attracted increasing interest among industry professionals due to the significant advantages it offers compared to traditional centralized cloud systems.
Let’s delve into the five main advantages of decentralized cloud highlighted by Information Technology experts.
- Superior Security: The distributed and fault-tolerant nature of decentralized cloud makes it much more robust against cyber attacks and failures. Data is replicated across multiple nodes managed by different operators, eliminating the risk of a general service interruption caused by a problem in a single central infrastructure. Additionally, multi-factor authentication and blockchain-based encryption make the data much more difficult to compromise or steal compared to traditional systems. Multi-factor authentication and blockchain encryption make it one of the most secure systems with numerous benefits.
- Maximum Privacy: Decentralizing data across many independently managed nodes means that no single entity has full and direct control over personal information and stored files. Even in the extreme case of a node being compromised, the data cannot be fully exfiltrated or associated with specific individuals or companies. The danger of targeted attacks and massive breaches by a single entity holding central servers is eliminated. Any risk of centralized information breaches typical of the cloud is eliminated.
- Unprecedented Reliability: In the event of malfunctions or inactivity of multiple nodes simultaneously, the data remains accessible, retrievable, and modifiable through other operational nodes. This is due to the redundant, distributed nature and high fault tolerance inherent in blockchain architecture. Access no longer depends on the availability of a single, powerful centralized infrastructure prone to individual points of potential crisis. There are no single points of possible service interruption. This is one of the many advantages of decentralized cloud.
- Decision-making Flexibility: Since policies and technological advancements are not driven by the choices of a single company but through a collaborative and shared process, decentralized cloud allows for more flexible management aligned with the real needs of businesses and end-users. Changes and innovations can be discussed and implemented in accordance with transparent standards and the interests of the entire community involved.
- Cost Efficiency: By avoiding substantial investments in large proprietary centralized data centers, infrastructure costs for node operators are lower, and these savings are reflected in the fees for clients and end-users of cloud services. Additionally, maintenance and management are distributed among smaller entities rather than concentrated in a few large multinational corporations.
Decentralized cloud represents a strategic perspective for future-proof, democratic, cost-effective, and evolving systems alongside technological progress. It is a model that promises to revolutionize not only Information Technology but also key concepts such as freedom, personal protection, and collaborative growth.